We’re looking to hire an experienced Interior Designer to join the Villa Decor team! We need someone with an eye for design and willingness to learn, working collaboratively as a part of our growing design team.
Designers need to understand the fundamental, practical and aesthetic aspects of design and have a strong design background and portfolio. The ideal candidate will be self-driven, have excellent verbal/written communication, project management experience, organizational/detail oriented mindset, and be passionate about developing lasting client relationships.
You will create, manage, and implement every step of client projects. This includes but is not limited to sourcing products and materials, communicating with vendors and contractors, creating mood boards and design boards, problem solving, and project installations.
If you are passionate about design, work great on a team, mind all of the details and enjoy people this could be the perfect fit for you!
- Collaborate with design team on concepts and design development
- Contribute in all phases of design projects, including but not limited to space planning, furniture configurations, development of technical drawings, product specification, budgeting, presentations to the client, and job site overseeing
- Plan, design, and specify furniture, finishes, lighting & art for interiors & exteriors of residential and commercial buildings
- Collaboration to complete an elevated design that is distinctive and personalized to each client
- Proactively anticipate project and client needs to keep projects moving forward efficiently
- Maintain and revise/update finish and fixture schedules to effectively communicate design selection and details, for subs and contractors to precisely implement
- Generate and maintain client materials for projects, including all communication, drawings, finishes, binders, etc.
- Provide accurate time records each day both billable and non-billable
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university with a major in interior design, interior architecture or a related field; or an Associate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of work experience in lieu of a four-year degree
- 2 years of interior design experience, residential design experience is preferred
- Portfolio should showcase training in drafting and the ability to space plan, color coordination, and product coordination
- Knowledge and familiarity with AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and the Microsoft Suite
- Knowledge of high-end residential products and the ability to specify
- Knowledge of high-end furniture vendors and other industry resources
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Dependable, responsive, thorough and detail oriented
This is a part-time position based at the world-class Villa Décor Design Studio here in Grand Rapids, MI.